Friday, May 9, 2014

She's Making Lists......

.......and more importantly, CHECKING off on the lists!!

Order invites for Newest Kiddo's graduation party:  CHECK

Individual Senior Boys Baseball collages put together and ordered:  CHECK

Coach's and Team Baseball collages put together and ordered:  CHECK

Teacher appreciation gift card (yes, I admit that that I caved to the convenience of a gift card. Survival is what we are aiming for in the month of May!):  CHECK

Cute presentation Teacher's Mug to give gift card:   CHECK, CHECK, CHECK!!  

Thank heavens for those paper crafter's who are willing to share their talents and templates online.  It is those saintly souls who make harried mom's like me not look quite so lame in in our gift giving.

Traci Cornelius has a wonderful video that demonstrates how to make this cute little mug. Since she did such a fabulous job, I skipped the step by step photos. This is truly easy  peasy to make!! You can find her video here.  





It actually took me longer to figure out what papers I wanted to use then the making of the mug itself.  The gift card peeking out the top will give you an idea as to the size of the mug.  It's tiny, but CUTE! 

I made the mug and handle out of Gina K's pure luxury 120# card stock as I wanted the cup to be more sturdy. You will notice in the last picture that the handle started pulling off the mug due to the stiffness of the paper.  I had used Scor-tape originally to adhere the handle, but had to resort to TenSecond Studios Humungo Killer tape to get the job done correctly.  The decorative papers are from Graphic 45's An ABC Primer line.  

Using up hoarded paper stash:  CHECK

I'm off to try and accomplish more check marks off my list before an afternoon of watching the Oldest and Newest Kiddo's baseball game.  To all you wonderful and under appreciated Teachers:  a HUGE THANK YOU!!

And to all you mom's (harried or cool, calm and got it together) HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

'Till next time......................

6 comments:

Gail Dixon said...

Starla, you are making my head spin! lol I don't know how you do it all, but you do it in style. Love the mug and think it is the perfect gift for a teacher.

Glenda said...

Your mug is just perfect! I love the papers you chose and every little detail is just perfect!

Stef H said...

OMG! and i think those "box cards" we're seeing is hard. this is gorgeous. i'll bet (without seeing the video) that it's cardstock scored and folded with strips of paper, huh? huh? LOL. anyway, this is absolutely stunning!!!

happy mother's day!

hugs :)

Micki said...

That is too cute. My 3d projects never turn out this great. I bet they loved this thoughtful gift. xoxo

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

What a fun way to wrap a gift.

Sylvia said...

I don't know why I forgot to comment, it must have been your beautiful mug! I did go visit the original but found yours much better! Happy Sunday, Starla, hope summer will be a good one for you and your family!