Saturday, August 16, 2014

Embossing with Distress Stains

Hey People!!  Can you believe it is the middle of August already?!!  This past week has been dedicated to trying to get this house under some type of order before the Kiddos start back to school next week.  Needless to say, I didn't get as much accomplished as I had hoped, but a couple of steps in the right direction will make the To Do List a bit easier to manage, I hope!!

I am sharing yet another card that uses the stamping with embossing folders technique  that I have used on the last three cards I have shared. On this particular card, I used Distress Stains instead of paint for my background medium.  I also went for a more masculine look, which, if I do say so myself, turned out quite well!

Due to an unfortunate idea gone horribly wrong, I was left with only a portion of my original stained print. I made the best of what I had left and went for a minimalist look.   Rather than leave the panel whole, I cut it into strips to break up the pattern just a bit.  The dies are from Cottage Cutz.  Clean and simple and perfect for a masculine card!!

I apologize for the slightly blurred picture.  Once again, my last minute photo sessions and not downloading immediately to check out the outcome has become my nemesis. 

That's it for me today. I have two cards that need to be made tonight; one for a teenage boy and a baby shower card.  No time to chit chat as one is needed by tomorrow afternoon and the other Monday afternoon.  One would think that I would quit this procrastination creating, LOL!! 

'Till next time...........................

4 comments:

Glenda said...

I do love the manly look of this card and the clean lines. Well done girl!

Joan B said...

love how this came out. LOVE. I have 2 embossing folders and you are inspiring me to do this technique

Gail Dixon said...

Starla this is so awesome. The colors and layout are so pleasing. You are Queen of the Card Makers.

Sylvia said...

Love the embossed based stamping, Starla, I too have been so busy that I have missed some commenting time. Hope you are doing well and school is back in session for the kids! Have a fun Tuesday and if you are working, take a break and relax just for a bit!