Sunday, September 21, 2014

Falling for Inspiration

I think fall is my favorite time of year.  Day time temperatures are warm but not melting.  Evening brings open windows and thoughts of light sweat shirts to ward off the chill in the air.  Colors that are rich, warm and golden.

For the past two weeks, fall has been but a dream. Triple digits temperatures that only fell to the upper 90's at night.  Humidity that is rare for this part of California.  

Basically, weather that zaps all energy, smiles and creativity.  So, once again, I turned to my Pinterest inspiration board when the need arose for a birthday card for the Toad's grandfather (aka "Big Papa").  This card caught my eye due to the fall theme I was craving.  

My version:


Supplies: 
Paper: Gina K's Pure Luxury in Ivory
Stamps:  CHF 6x6 Vintage Text, Tim Holtz: Falling Leaves, SU Warmest Regards
Inks:  Distress inks, Memento Rich Cocoa

As I finish up this post it would seem that possible the first signs of fall are here!! Cooler temperatures and open windows today! 

'Till next time....................enjoy what makes you happy

5 comments:

Stef H said...

this is absolutely gorgeous! i love how you did those leaves! spectacular and true fall!

i hope you're far away from the fires. i pray for you daily!

hugs :)

Glenda said...

I love the beautiful colors you achieved on those leaves! So very life like in every way!

Sylvia said...


beautiful fall leaves, Starla, I too love fall and all the color(we don't have it here, but I do remember Colorado). Hope you have a great week.

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Beautiful card. I love cards with fall leaves. And simple is good.

Micki said...

God I love this...... I hope you don't mind, but I'm gonna CASE this... :) xoxo